Pages

30 April 2011

Saturday 30 April Farmer's market

Whangarei farmer's market
Kathi from Jarana called by the boat at 8am and we pedalled off to the farmer's market. What a wonderful surprise and why was the first time I'd been? In England farmer's market stands for 'small packs of organic produce sold for inflated price'. Here in Whangarei it is what it says on the packet, local producers selling their goods at excellent prices. Much is organic though not all. I wish David had come to so I could buy and he could carry more. I had to leave behind locally produced honey at a good price but I did snaffle local cheeses, herbs, enough broccoli to feed a family of 4 for a week, beautiful orange peppers and a bag of organic avocados for guacamole. All this was carefully stuffed in my back pack and pedalled back to town basin.
The breaking news when I got back to the marina was the appearance of a weather window to leave for Fiji. We could be going as soon as Friday! All we do now is get updated forecasts every 12 hours and discuss endlessly with the other cruisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment