Pages

03 May 2018

17 April Day 6 Passage to St Helena


Distance covered noon-to-noon 125nm. A bit more strength in the wind reverting back to regular tradewinds of SE15.
The motion of the boat is so comfortable I was able to do a review of our fresh provisions; which potatoes need to be used first? Same for the bag of onions. In the salad tray I checked the tomatoes which are individually wrapped in paper and stored in a long life bag sitting on a bed of bubble wrap. Toms are delicate and deserve the best treatment if I'm to maintain their freshness. As the sea water temperature increases and room in the freezer increases I'm able to move 3kgs of bread flour from under floor storage to the freezer. I've found this a successful method to stop bugs hatching in tropical conditions.
Dinner tonight was Thai chicken massaman curry with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment