Pages

15 August 2018

2 August Are we nearly there?


Yesterday we were sailing around the world. Today we have sailed around the world. No longer nearly there - we are there.
As we sailed into Prickly Bay on the south coast of Grenada we crossed our outward track from August 2009. In 2009 we were bound for Venezuela, certainly not somewhere you would choose to go to today, and points west. Today we've taken four days to come from French Guiana.
The circumnavigation by numbers; 52,000nm and 52 countries in 9 years and 9 months and one great boat. Jackster has been superb: a comfortable home and a safe boat to cross the oceans in.
David had the ambition to sail around the world before I met him in 2005. We met on a diving holiday in Galapagos which is where he revealed his idea to sail and dive around the world. I said 'Perhaps I might be able to join you for a week or two.' Look where that got me! Married to a sailor.
David has realised his ambition and now I've realised an ambition I didn't know I had!
And the adventure isn't going to stop here....more places to see, people to meet and more diving to do.


2 comments:

  1. Contratulations Jackster/Dave/Jacqui! It is a major accomplishment! Karen and I know exactly how you feel - including the part where it ended up in Grenada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Great to hear from you and thank you. Yes, coming in to Grenada was a two punches in the air moment.

    ReplyDelete