Pages

23 January 2024

30 December Cleaning ahead of a new year

With no post Christmas sales to go to we got back to our boat jobs. On a boat there is always something in need of a clean or a fix. I've sewn replacement tapes on the aft deck sunshade, had the chaps off the dinghy to restitch the skirt which had been ripped. I've been in cleaning mode too with the bimini removed for a deep soap and scrub. While I had the deck wet they too got soaped and scrubbed.

David pulled out the life-raft from its designated locker next to the cockpit. The only hatch on the boat without the means to lock from inside. We'd got water, possibly condensation, inside so the raft came out to be checked over and aired, the walls of the locker got scrubbed and dried and now all is back together.

I have to leave the boat clean because I'm going home in three days for Mum's funeral.


No comments:

Post a Comment