Pages

17 March 2024

4 March Boat watch

Lying in bed last night I saw a Boat Watch post on FB for an overdue French boat called Epipapu coming from St Barts to Antigua. Yesterday it was very windy day and a boat had come in and dropped anchor in the channel. Did they have an engine problem? It was dark so I would have to wait until morning to check but I have a feeling that the boat anchored in the channel is the one the French coastguard is searching for.

This morning I took the binoculars to look at our neighbours and it is Epipapu, overdue from St Barts. I send an email to the Coastguard to alert them and they immediately answer with a request for a phone call. Because it is a French boat I'm talking to the CG in Martinique who speak perfect English. They ask that David and I go over to see them, they need to contact their son who raised the alarm.

They are called Alain and Alexa and they have no idea their son has issued an overdue notice. With no internet connection they haven't been able, and yes, there is an issue with the engine over heating. I give Alexa my phone and she calls her son.

Phew! Mission completed, lost souls found. It's time for breakfast and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment