Pages

24 September 2019

4 August Wonderful Port Washington

family of ospreys in the family nest

I can't recommend Port Washington highly enough for transient cruisers; free mooring for two nights and then only $25 a night which is a bargain in this part of the world. The bay is sheltered and calm – minimal wake from passing traffic at the weekend. Free dinghy docks – one is opposite a Stop and Shop supermarket, close to Ace, West Marine and a self service Laundry where a wash costs just $2. The other free dock on the town wharf is at the bottom of Main Street with the amazing local library, shops and fifteen minute walk to the train which runs into Manhattan and JFK and La Guardia airports.
It was a 'peace of mind' location for David and Polly to hang out while I was home.

Polly and local swan check out each other
It is August and it's hot. Walking up to the railroad station to catch my trains to the airport was uncomfortably warm while I had to be dressed in trousers and shoes suitable for cooler English summer on the other end.





When I waved goodbye I didn't know how long I'd be away from Jackster. In the end it was a full month before I made the return journey.
peaceful end to the day

No comments:

Post a Comment